Wednesday, June 24, 2009

June Bounties


Here ye, Here ye. My gardens as of now. Tomatoes and Peppers: -- not ready yet (enjoy the side view of the backyard with bowsers on the porch):

Herbs -- mostly check. My perennials oregano, chive and sage (to the left) are in full force as is this crazy parsley I planted LAST year. Maddness. The a basil i bought is ok, but all the dill, cilantro and basil seeds i planted aren't happy and i can't figure out why.


As for other foods -- the multi-colored swiss chard is OOC as are my lettuces. The Thai lettuce popped up on its own from seed that fell out last year! Its my champion. The beans got eaten by slugs, but i managed to salvage a few.And finally, my flowers. I won't go into the story of how some Hampden Halfwit tore out all of my grape vines and myraid other flowers INSTEAD of the poison ivy he was supposed to remove, but I planted 2 other tropical flowering vines instead (white flowers) and enough things survived in my flower garden to keep me from killing everything. My favorite are the pink Phlox. One small root was given to me from a garden in VA 3 years ago and they have exploded. I love them.
Ahh, Baltispore, you're bountiful bossom gives suckle to the hopeless in these pathetic times. j

3 comments:

smear said...

amazing! and, in some cases, delicious!
*L

smear said...

Oh this looks so good; gardens are the best. I think there's a good story in the Hampden Halfwit & the grapvines....

I have a small amount of basil, which I just couldn't keep my mitts off of- I've made pesto 3x and basil beer bread once. I am now showing a little patience and made a little greenhouse (with saran wrap), and it's thriving again. I had added some new plants and they were not getting enough heat methinks. Maybe that will help you dill and cilantro? I'll try to find a pic of a more sophisticated version thAt got various seeds motivated in Brooklyn. k

Jessica Schupak said...

ah, when searching for "teets" i came across this post :) your garden looks awesome! garden on!